Arsenal, Liverpool or Manchester City? Sven-Goran Eriksson makes Premier League title prediction | HUVRIVY | 2024-03-23 16:08:01
Sven-Goran Eriksson has backed Liverpool to win the Premier League title this term and believes Jurgen Klopp deserves monumental credit score for the best way he has handled the membership's younger talent in current months.
Only objective difference separates Liverpool from top-of-the-table Arsenal with ten games remaining of the marketing campaign, in what's Klopp's farewell season as supervisor.
Liverpool had been on target for a historic quadruple after lifting the Carabao Cup last month, but a dramatic FA Cup defeat by the hands of Manchester United leaves the membership battling for honours in the Premier League and the Europa League.
The Merseyside giants shall be determined to return to profitable ways once they entertain eighth-placed Brighton in every week's time, with Klopp's men drawing 1-1 with title rivals Manchester City final trip in the prime flight.
Without lots of Liverpool's key gamers for giant elements of the campaign, Klopp has been pressured to rely closely on players from the club's youth ranks because the gruelling season has wore on.
Former England manager Eriksson, a lifelong Liverpool fan, has big admiration for the job Klopp has finished and is predicts the German will get his palms on the Premier League trophy for a second time come Might.
Asked whether Liverpool can win a treble this term, the Swede replied: 'I don't know…
'Nicely, I feel that Liverpool will win the league. They will't win the FA Cup, sadly.
'But they're enjoying good football and younger players arising, players which I never saw.
'All of a sudden, he puts them in essential games as properly. You want a whole lot of braveness to try this.
'So it's good to see that Liverpool is great and can Liverpool can be great, even sooner or later, wanting at the younger players.'
Eriksson, who will manage a Liverpool FC Legends aspect towards Ajax this weekend, was stunned and saddened when Klopp announced his impending departure back in January.
'That was a shock for me. No, I haven't spoken to him however it was very type of him to make an invitation and someday I'll come!' he stated.
'However he's doing an ideal job and I'm sad that he's going to go away.'
Eriksson, head coach of the Three Lions between 2001 and 2006, revealed in January that he had 'at best a year to live' after being diagnosed with terminal cancer.
A campaign quickly gathered pace to grant Eriksson his dying wish of managing Liverpool and the 76-year-old stated it was fulfilling a 'dream' by leading the likes of Steven Gerrard, Fernando Torres and Sami Hyypia towards Ajax this weekend.
'Once I was a supervisor I all the time dreamed about [managing] Liverpool nevertheless it never happened,' he informed reporters.
Rasmus Hojlund urges Erik ten Hag to start playing 'class' Man Utd star
Ian Wright names the Manchester United star who is a 'massive problem'
Ben White snubbed England after 'barbed comment' from Steve Holland in front of teammates
'It was shut once. There have been some discussions once, many years ago.
'It's like a dream. I might by no means have dreamed of it. It have to be the most effective environment on the planet and part of that's the music when the gamers walk out – You'll By no means Walk Alone.
'Once they requested, I assumed it was a joke. In fact I might come to a Legends match. It's for charity, which makes it much more pretty.'
For more tales like this, check our sport page.
Comply with Metro Sport for the newest information on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Privacy PolicyThis website is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
More >> https://ift.tt/rP3YSXI Source: MAG NEWS