Chelsea send scouts to watch Viktor Gyokeres again as they edge ahead of Arsenal | HUVRIVY | 2024-03-23 16:08:01
Chelsea are persevering with to track Sporting Lisbon star Viktor Gyokeres and sent scouts on yet one more mission to observe the ahead in action for his nation.
The Blues are one among quite a few high-profile clubs ready to swoop for the Sweden international this summer time, with Premier League leaders Arsenal additionally believed to have an interest.
Gyokeres has enjoyed a shocking marketing campaign for Sporting since swapping Coventry for Lisbon, netting 36 objectives and laying on 14 assists in all competitions.
His robust type continued on Thursday night as he netted towards Portugal in a pleasant, although it was solely a consolation strike as Sweden have been hammered 5-2.
Based on Portuguese newspaper Record, Chelsea used the game as yet one more scouting mission to observe Gyokeres in action in individual – the third time scouts have watched him in as many months.
The Blues have been specifically concentrating on massive matches, with their earlier scouting journeys coming in Sporting's games towards Porto and Benfica.
Though Sweden have been second greatest on the night time, Gyokeres gave a strong account of himself and netted with the aspect already 4-0 down, stealing in on the back publish to tap in from very shut range.
Arsenal have additionally been linked with a move for Gyokeres this summer time but Chelsea's presence at Thursday's match suggests they're ramping up their curiosity.
In response to Report, they came very close to making a play for his signature within the January window and at the moment are 'tightening their grip' on the signing forward of a summer time swoop.
Nevertheless, Gyokeres won't come low cost with Sporting adamant he won't be allowed to go away until a suitor prompts his €100million (£85m) release clause.
Ian Wright names the Manchester United star who is a 'massive problem'
Ben White snubbed England after 'barbed comment' from Steve Holland in front of teammates
Chelsea star returns from international duty early due to illness
Gyokeres was asked about the speculation surrounding his future previous to Thursday's recreation, telling reporters: 'I don't assume much about it now truly, I need to win the league and the cup with Sporting – that's where I'm placing all my power and power.'
On being linked with such huge golf equipment, he continued: 'It's an indication that I've been performing properly, nevertheless it's not something I take too significantly.
'It's just hypothesis, however it's good and fun to talk about.
'We'll see what happens in the summertime, I don't know what is going to happen. However I really like Sporting and I don't really feel burdened at all for what's to return.'
For more tales like this, check our sport page.
Comply with Metro Sport for the newest information on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Privacy PolicyThis website is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
More >> https://ift.tt/rP3YSXI Source: MAG NEWS