Academy at Ivy Ridge property goes up for sale for $875k after Netflix's The Program exposed abuse at Ogdensburg school | 45OIATZ | 2024-03-11 19:08:01
The eerie property that beforehand housed the Academy at
THE notorious boarding faculty recognized for abusing troubled teens has been put available on the market for the first time since it was closed in 2009.
The eerie property that beforehand housed the Academy at Ivy Ridge in Ogdensburg, New York has just lately been listed for purchase.


"Multi-Use Business property sitting on 236.3 acres conveniently situated and within an in depth proximity to the Ogdensburg-Prescott Worldwide Bridge, Ottawa Ontario, The Thousand Islands & the Adirondack Park," learn a portion of the property description.
"Inbuilt 1959 for Mater Dei School, there are 5 buildings on website providing simply over 97,000 sq ft of useable area as soon as utilized for administrative & school, lecture rooms in addition to scholar dormitories…
"[It] is just some hundred ft from 290 acres of state land. Property has been unoccupied since 2009."
The property is at present priced at $875,000.
The photographs depict lifeless grass, weeds, and tall timber everywhere in the property.
The ghostly and deserted building sit ominously on the huge piece of land.
THE TRUTH BEHIND IVY RIDGE
The Academy at Ivy Ridge opened in 2001 as a& disciplinarian boarding school.
It advertised a much kinder strategy to progress in comparison with the horrors that have been truly happening in the buildings.
The academy promised mountaineering, workforce sports, horseback driving, group-based learning, and a place for troubled youngsters to finally thrive and attain their full potential.
Ivy Ridge operated in affiliation with the controversial World Large Affiliation of Specialty Packages and Faculties (WWASPS), based by Mormon Robert Lichfield in 1998.
At its peak, Ivy Ridge had 600 students all paying almost $4,000 per thirty days, permitting the varsity to rake in over $20 million a yr.
Whereas attending the varsity the students "have been subjected to cramped bedrooms, solitary confinement, physical restraints and a strict points system that determined how long they must stay at the academy," per People.
"At the time, mother and father and students alike didn't know that the purpose system was designed specifically to keep youngsters at the faculty for as long as potential," the publication continues.
They have been also topic to alleged sexual abuse.
FIRST-HAND ACCOUNTS
Because the launch of the docuseries, former college students have been opening up concerning the lasting trauma Ivy Ridge has had on their lives.
The U.S. Sun has exclusively reported on multiple survivors from the academy.
Eddie Curley, 39, detailed his journey that began in 2002 at 17 when he was bombarded in his bedroom by two men and thrown behind a automotive.
Throughout his interview, he particulars one of many abusive types of punishment college students would endure on the faculty.
"When you received in hassle and you had no points, you'd be requested to lie down on a tile flooring in your stomach, together with your legs straight out, your chin laying on the tile flooring, and your arms by your aspect," Eddie stated of 1 such penalty, referred to as noticed placement (OP).
"You'd have to lay in that place for 15 minutes and never transfer while a employees member watched you.
"And in the event you moved they'd restrain you."
Curley stated barely a day glided by that he didn't witness employees physically restraining a toddler.
He additionally revealed some jarring statistics about students after they escaped the varsity.
"There's in all probability lower than one % of people who went to Ivy Ridge that left unaffected or who at the least did okay," he stated.
"I might say greater than 20 % are either lifeless from suicide or addictions and overdoses, and I might say the remaining 79 % are all lifeless on the inside."
Childhood pals Julie Peysakhova and Roman Kupershteyn have been also college students at Ivy Ridge in 2005.
They detailed just how a lot their lives have been changed as soon as leaving the varsity.
Kupershteyn, who was released from Ivy Ridge at 17, stated that by his 19th birthday, he had suffered three near-fatal overdoses.
"I used to be strolling around the mall sniffing a bag of coke," he stated.
"I began taking tablets, I was arrested a bunch, and I started making so many dangerous selections because I simply didn't know methods to modify again in society.
"In a method, I felt like I'd been institutionalized, because once I would get arrested, and I'd be in a cell by myself, it was the only place that felt like house, because that's what I used to be accustomed to: being alone in a room, surrounded by concrete blocks and a locked door preventing me from leaving.
"It took me till my third overdose to comprehend I didn't need to die that approach.
"I informed myself, I have to start out dwelling, dwelling for myself, and simply try to put every part else out the best way."
NETFLIX EXCLUSIVE
The Program: Cons, Cults and Kidnapping aired on March 5 in three elements and is streaming solely on Netflix.
Each episode titled The place the F**okay Am I?, Mind Management, and Comply with the Money, respectively, is simply over an hour lengthy.
"No speaking. No smiling. No going outdoors. On the Academy at Ivy Ridge, teenagers suffered mental and physical abuse in a program that operated like a cult," the present's description states.
The collection was directed and narrated by& filmmaker& and government producer Katherine Kubler, a former Ivy Ridge scholar.
The U.S. Sun has reached out to Meyer Actual Estate LLC for touch upon the listing.
More >> https://ift.tt/DW2OEV5 Source: MAG NEWS