‘Hero’ pilots Edward Murphy and Ian Frederick Hofmann identified as victims in horror Naples I-75 plane crash | 443MA28 | 2024-02-13 19:08:01 - VOUX MAG

CELEBRITIES NEWS

Hot

Tuesday, February 13, 2024

‘Hero’ pilots Edward Murphy and Ian Frederick Hofmann identified as victims in horror Naples I-75 plane crash | 443MA28 | 2024-02-13 19:08:01

New Photo - 'Hero' pilots Edward Murphy and Ian Frederick Hofmann identified as victims in horror Naples I-75 plane crash | 443MA28 | 2024-02-13 19:08:01
'Hero' pilots Edward Murphy and Ian Frederick Hofmann identified as victims in horror Naples I-75 plane crash | 443MA28 | 2024-02-13 19:08:01

The aircraft left OSU's airport in Columbus, Ohio on Friday and crashed close to I-75 Southbound near Collier County, about

THE two individuals who died after a aircraft crashed on a Florida highway on Friday have been recognized.

The aircraft left OSU's airport in Columbus, Ohio on Friday and crashed close to I-75 Southbound near Collier County, about 46 miles southeast of Naples, Florida at around 3:15 pm.

'Hero' pilots Edward Murphy and Ian Frederick Hofmann identified as victims in horror Naples I-75 plane crash
'Hero' pilots Edward Murphy and Ian Frederick Hofmann identified as victims in horror Naples I-75 plane crash
X/JoeBlow_808
The victims of a aircraft crash in Florida have been identified[/caption]
'Hero' pilots Edward Murphy and Ian Frederick Hofmann identified as victims in horror Naples I-75 plane crash
'Hero' pilots Edward Murphy and Ian Frederick Hofmann identified as victims in horror Naples I-75 plane crash
Household Handout
Ian Hofmann, the co-pilot of the aircraft, was one of the victims[/caption]

The victims have been recognized as 50-year-old Edward Daniel Murphy, the aircraft's pilot, and 65-year-old Ian Fredrick Hofmann, the co-pilot, in accordance with Collier County Sheriff's Workplace.

The aircraft was less than 5 miles from the runway before it crashed.

It slammed down onto the highway, crashing right into a vehicle.

The Florida Highway Patrol stated that the truck driver was taken to the native hospital with minor injuries, in response to NBC affiliate& WBBH.

Two of the 5 individuals have been killed whereas the three others have been hospitalized for their injuries.

The household of Ian Hofmann started a GoFundMe on Saturday.

His son, Chris, wrote that the page was a solution to keep in mind his father.

"His last moments, calmly speaking with ATC as he tried to save lots of the passengers and crew in the face of a desperate emergency of dropping each engines at low altitude, is how we'll all the time keep in mind him," Chris wrote.

"The last word professional pilot with over 40 years and 25,000 hours of expertise at Piedmont, USAirways, Virgin America, and Hopajet"

The GoFundMe has already raised $10,200 of the $15,000 objective.

Hofmann's household also released a press release after the crash:

"The household is in shock and devastated however need to categorical our thanks for the heartfelt help we now have acquired. We all know our father died a hero doing his greatest to save lots of everyone he might on the aircraft. We ask for prayers throughout this troublesome time."

DEVASTATING RECORDING

An audio recording of just before the crash has been released capturing the victims' heartbreaking last moments.

"Hop-A-Jet 823, lost each engines, emergency," the pilot might be heard saying to a nearby management tower.

"I'm making an emergency landing. We're clear to land however we're not going to make the runway. We've misplaced each engines."

The audio then went silent.

The National Transportation Security Board continues to research the crash.

For the newest news on this story, hold checking back at The U.S. Solar on-line. The-Solar.com is your go-to vacation spot for one of the best superstar news, sports information, real-life stories, jaw-dropping footage, and must-see videos

Like us on Facebook at TheSunUS and comply with us on X (formerly Twitter) at @TheUSSun.

#hero #pilots #edward #murphy #ian #frederick #hofmann #identified #victims #horror #naples #i75 #plane #crash #US #UK #NZ #PH #NY #LNDN #Manila #Politics

More >> https://ift.tt/1MqBzrH Source: MAG NEWS