VOUX MAG

CELEBRITIES NEWS

Hot

Monday, May 18, 2026

Syria to join G7 finance talks in Paris in sign of growing status

May 18, 2026
Syria to join G7 finance talks in Paris in sign of growing status

By Timour Azhari

Reuters

RIYADH, May 18 (Reuters) - Syria will take part in a closed-door session with G7 finance ministers and ‌central bank governors in Paris on Monday, a person familiar ‌with the matter said, in a sign of its growing status less than ​two years after the ousting of Bashar al-Assad.

Syrian Finance Minister Yisr Barnieh is expected to attend the meeting, the person said, adding that the discussions will focus on Syria's sustainable recovery and reintegration into ‌the global financial system.

The two-day ⁠G7 finance chiefs' meeting is dominated by global economic imbalances, trade tensions and the fallout from conflicts ⁠in the Middle East and Ukraine.

Advertisement

Syria's economy remains deeply damaged by years of war and isolation. While most sanctions have been eased or ​lifted since ​former president Assad's removal, recovery ​has been slow, with investors ‌and banks still wary of compliance risks and the practical difficulty of reconnecting Syria to the global financial system.

Syria and Ukraine are expected to be present in parts of the discussions, underscoring the G7's emphasis on stabilising countries seen as central to regional and ‌global security.

The person familiar with the matter ​said Syria's participation was part of ​preparations for the G7 ​leaders' summit in June and reflected a push to ‌bring the administration of President Ahmed ​al-Sharaa closer to ​leading economies.

For Damascus, participation in the G7 finance track marks another step in efforts to return to the international system, ​attract support for ‌reconstruction and show that it has become a pivotal state ​in the changes reshaping the region.

(Reporting by Timour Azhari ​in Riyadh; Editing by Andrew Cawthorne)

Read More

Taiwan open to direct talks between Trump and Lai amid concerns after Beijing summit

May 18, 2026
Taiwan open to direct talks between Trump and Lai amid concerns after Beijing summit

TAIPEI, May 18 (Reuters) - Taiwan would welcome a direct call between President Donald Trump and President Lai Ching-te, ‌a senior Taiwanese diplomat said on Monday, as Taipei ‌sought to ease concerns over Trump's remarks following his summit with Chinese leader ​Xi Jinping.

Reuters

Trump and Xi discussed Chinese-claimed Taiwan at their Beijing summit last week, with Xi warning of conflict if the issue was not properly handled.

Trump made a range of different pronouncements about ‌Taiwan, including that he ⁠was undecided on new arms sales, suggesting he might speak to Lai, and that the U.S. was "not ⁠looking to have somebody say, 'Let's go independent'".

A direct conversation between a sitting U.S. president and Taiwan's leader has not occurred since ​Washington shifted ​diplomatic recognition to Beijing from ​Taipei in 1979.

Taiwan Deputy Foreign ‌Minister Chen Ming-chi told reporters that Trump's remarks had "caused some unnecessary concern" in Taiwan even if the government believed that "nothing has changed."

Advertisement

Chen said that if Trump wants to speak with Lai then Taiwan would welcome it, if that is indeed what he ‌meant.

"Of course, we would also ask: ​based on what you have said, ​does that mean you ​want to speak with our president? If he ‌says yes, then should we ​make the relevant ​arrangements? We very much hope to have such an opportunity," Chen added.

Washington is traditionally Taiwan's most important international backer ​and arms supplier.

Taiwan's government ‌rejects Beijing's sovereignty claims, saying only the island's people ​can decide their future.

(Reporting by Ben Blanchard; Editing by ​Christian Schmollinger and Edwina Gibbs)

Read More

Sunday, May 17, 2026

Xabi Alonso appointment kills Chelsea players’ entitlement culture

May 17, 2026
Xabi Alonso appointment kills Chelsea players’ entitlement culture

It has been far too easy for players to find excuses at Chelsea. The coach is not good enough, he’s too inexperienced, he hasn’t won anything, he’s too nice. Theappointment of Xabi Alonsohas stripped all of those away.

The Telegraph Xabi Alonso looking moody

The Chelsea owners have stopped experimenting and have killed the culture of excuses that has strangled the club during the BlueCo era by turning to a man ofAlonso’s pedigreeand giving him the title of manager.

Each of Alonso’s predecessors during the BlueCo ownership was called “head coach”. Making the Spaniard their first manager is recognition of his seniority within the set-up and a clear message to the players that he is in charge.

Sure, the owners will remain a target for a section of fans, following a turbulent season that could end without European football. But they have given the players the calibre of manager they craved and now it is on them to perform.

Enzo Fernandez has won a World Cup? So what, Alonso won one with Spain, along with the European Championships. That Club World Cup winners’ badgeon the front of the players’ shirts? Alonso will raise you two Champions Leagues. Think you’re good enough to play for Real Madrid? The Spaniard knows a fair bit about that after spending five years at the Bernabeu as a player.

Thingsmight not have gone to planfor Alonso as a coach at Madrid, but look at their ongoing descent since his departure. The 44-year-old’s time in charge of Bayer Leverkusen, where he won the Bundesliga title, commands the greatest respect.

Teenage winger Estevao Willian joked that he could not believe former head coach Liam Rosenior had ever been a professional footballer after watching him fail to control the ball on the touchline at Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium. If the Brazilian does not already know that Alonso was a supremely gifted player, then he will soon find out at the training ground.

Xabi Alonso in training

Those who apparently referred to Graham Potter as “Harry Potter” or called Rosenior “the supply teacher” should spend more time worrying about what Alonso thinks of them than dreaming up not-so-clever nicknames.

Alonso’s brief is not only to produce performances and results, but also to raise daily standards by creating a culture of accountability, competitive mentality and collective responsibility. In layman’s terms, no more tossing it off.

Advertisement

The ridiculous yellow and red cards that Chelsea have collected over the past two seasons must stop. Enzo Maresca got booked and sent off almost as often as his players, while Rosenior could never get to grips with the issue. Alonso has been hired to set the right example on the touchline and demand the same standards of his players, regardless of age or experience.

Chelsea referenced Alonso’s “character and integrity” in their statement to announce his appointment and the former Liverpool midfielder said: “There is great talent in the squad and huge potential at this football club and it will be my great honour to lead it. Now the focus is on hard work, building the right culture and winning trophies.

“From my conversations with the ownership group and sporting leadership, it is clear we share the same ambition. We want to build a team capable of competing consistently at the highest level and fighting for trophies.

“Chelsea is one of the biggest clubs in world football and it fills me with immense pride to become manager of this great club.”

Xabi Alonso

Alonso’s official start date is July 1, but Chelsea players can rest assured that he will be watching their final two games of the season – against Tottenham Hotspur and Sunderland – and will be gathering information on them all.

He will have been impressed by the spirit and effort they showed inthe FA Cup final defeat by Manchester City. But what about now they return to Stamford Bridge, where they haven’t won in the League since January? Or when they travel up to Sunderland, when minds could already be turning to the World Cup or the summer holidays? The next seven days will be instructive for Alonso.

Chelsea have completed their period of “self reflection” and concluded that they need a manager not only with coaching and trophy-winning pedigree, but also a strong character, a leader and somebody who can instil discipline.

But the owners must let him manage. Alonso does not need a pat on the head after the wins or a debrief after the defeats. He does not need to be told what he should or should not say. And he definitely does not needa “cultural architect” to tell the players to huddle around the referee.

That is not to say Alonso should not be collaborative or that Chelsea are wrong not to give him complete control of the club’s football department. Of course, he will need support, he will lean on the different areas of expertise of the football leadership team and he will want a strong bond with the owners. But he must be given the time, patience and – most importantly – trust to do the job his way.

Read More

Titans' Carnell Tate and Nick Singleton at 2026 NFLPA Rookie Premiere

May 17, 2026
Titans' Carnell Tate and Nick Singleton at 2026 NFLPA Rookie Premiere

While things are quiet back in Nashville, as theTennessee Titansprepare to kick off offseason team activities (OTAs) this week, two of the newest members of the organization are out in Los Angeles taking part in the NFLPA’s Rookie Premiere.

USA TODAY

2026 draft picks, wide receiver Carnell Tate and running back Nick Singleton, are taking part in the annual NFLPA event, joining 40 other members of the 2026 NFL Draft at the weekend-long event, which gives fans a look at the next generation of stars to enter the league.

Advertisement

The two Titans appeared in a group photo taken by the NFLPA alongside their fellow draftees, including No. 1 overall pick Fernando Mendoza Las Vegas Raiders), quarterback Ty Simpson (Los Angeles Rams), and linebacker Arvell Reese (New York Giants).

Tate and Singleton are the latest Titans to appear at the event in Los Angeles; quarterback Cam Ward and wide receiver Elic Ayomanor took part in the premiere following the 2025 NFL Draft.

This article originally appeared on Titans Wire:Titans' Carnell Tate and Nick Singleton at 2026 NFLPA Rookie Premiere

Read More

Jennifer Lopez Wears Nothing but a White Bra Under Her Plunging Blazer With a Bold Feathered Skirt

May 17, 2026
Jennifer Lopez Wears Nothing but a White Bra Under Her Plunging Blazer With a Bold Feathered Skirt

Jennifer Lopez continued her exposed lingerie style streak in photos shared on May 15.

InStyle Jennifer Lopez attends the 2026 Netflix Upfront at Sunset Pier 94 Studios on May 13, 2026 in New York City.Credit: Getty Images

The Gist

  • The "On the Floor" singer wore nothing but a white bra under her plunging blazer.

  • Lopez paired the office siren look with a whimsical feathered skirt.

Jennifer Lopezis channeling herinner office sirenas she continues topromote her new rom-comOffice Romanceopposite Brett Goldstein. Over the last few days, the multi-hyphenate has been serving up a steady drip of lingerie-meets-CEO looks in her own version of method dressing—and on May 15, Lopez kept her streak going while pairing a peekaboo bra moment with a whimsical skirt.

Jennifer Lopez is seen leaving her hotel in on May 13, 2026 in New York, New York.Credit: Getty Images

In photos posted by Backgrid on Instagram, Lopez could be seen wearing nothing but a whitebra under her boxy taupe blazer jacket, mimicking a sartorial pairing she sported just a few days earlier. The “On the Floor” singer, who was photographed leaving a meeting at Netflix’s headquarters in New York City, buttoned up her double-breasted jacket and rolled up the sleeves to her elbows. A glimpse of her white bra could be seen peeping through the front of her plunging neckline.

Benny Medina and Jennifer Lopez are seen on May 15, 2026 in New York City.Credit: Getty Images

Unlike on May 13, when Lopez wore her black bra and open blazer with a pair of low-rise sweatpants, she went whimsical with a white midi-length skirt that was completely covered in feathers. Pulling her caramel-highlighted brown hair back into a low bun, Lopez accessorized with a pair of white-rimmed rectangular sunglasses, pointed-toe cognac brown sling-back stilettos, and a tiny dark brown crocodile leather clutch.

Advertisement

The mom-of-two added some major sparkle to her look by adding a pair of diamond drop earrings and covering her fingers in statement cocktail rings. A matte berry-colored lipstick finished off her subtly NSFW look.

Jennifer Lopez and Brett Goldstein attend the 2026 Netflix Upfront at Sunset Pier 94 Studios on May 13, 2026 in New York City.Credit: Getty Images

Lopez’s latest appearance comes after she opened up about her “chemistry” with co-star Goldstein. While speaking withPeopleat the 2026 Netflix Upfront, the star—who went topless under aplunging blush pink Victorian-style blazer—revealed, “We had great chemistry to begin with. It just grew as we did the film together.”

Lopez also said she experienced a different side of Goldstein behind the scenes compared to the gruff Roy Kent he played inTed Lasso. “I thought he was going to be more like the character, but he was so soft-spoken and sweet and totally different,” she gushed. “I expected more of a rough guy, but you get this kind, gentle but also very smart person that is so charming. That was a surprise, I think.”

Read the original article onInStyle

Read More

Hailey Bieber Shows off Her Curves & More in Stringy Bikini for Rhode

May 17, 2026
Hailey Bieber Shows off Her Curves & More in Stringy Bikini for Rhode

Hailey Bieber turned up the heat in a new Rhode campaign while giving fans another glimpse of her effortless summer style, flaunting her curves in a stringy bikini. The model posed in a series of sun-soaked photos and showcased bronzed glam while teasing what appeared to be an upcoming Rhode launch.

The Fashion Spot

Hailey Bieber flaunts her curves in barely there stringy bikini for Rhode

Check out her look here:

For the latest shoot,Hailey Bieberslipped into a barely there chocolate-brown stringy bikini that highlighted her sun-kissed glow and minimalist style. The tiny two-piece featured delicate tie details and a classic triangle silhouette. She layered it with a matching cropped cover-up for an elevated beach-inspired look.

Advertisement

In several photos, the Rhode founder posed poolside and held products from the brand while embracing a warm, bronzed beauty aesthetic. She kept her hair loose in soft waves. She opted for natural glam that allowed her glowing skin to remain the main focus.

Bieber captioned the post simply with, “Warming up.” Fans immediately flooded the comments section, with one commenter writing, “The GLOW and BRONZE insane.” Another said, “Hailey we need the drop now.”

The postHailey Bieber Shows off Her Curves & More in Stringy Bikini for Rhodeappeared first ontheFashionSpot.

Read More

Philippine lawyers ask Supreme Court to reject senator's plea to block ICC arrest

May 17, 2026
Philippine lawyers ask Supreme Court to reject senator's plea to block ICC arrest

By Karen Lema

Reuters

MANILA, May 17 (Reuters) - Philippine government lawyers have urged the Supreme Court to reject the bid of fugitive Senator Ronald dela Rosa, who is wanted for alleged crimes ‌against humanity linked to his role in a bloody "war on drugs", to block his arrest ‌and surrender.

Dela Rosa, the former police chief who oversaw former President Rodrigo Duterte's anti-narcotics crackdown, had asked the Supreme Court to ​stop authorities from arresting him and surrendering him to the International Criminal Court.

He is facing the same charges as Duterte, who is set to become the first former Asian head of state to go on trial in The Hague. Both have denied wrongdoing.

Dela Rosa argued the ICC no longer has jurisdiction after the Philippines' 2019 withdrawal from the ‌Rome Statute.

But the Office of the ⁠Solicitor General (OSG) argued the Philippines may enforce the ICC warrant under a domestic law, Republic Act 9851, which allows authorities to surrender suspects accused of grave international crimes ⁠to international courts for prosecution.

Advertisement

It said dela Rosa could not demand a separate Philippine court finding that there was sufficient basis to arrest him since the ICC has already issued a warrant, adding the country "will never become a sanctuary ​for impunity."

The ​OSG said dela Rosa was not entitled to relief ​because his "actions show that he comes to ‌court with unclean hands."

"His flight, coupled with the fact that he had previously gone into hiding, is not merely incidental but is a deliberate act to avoid accountability. His conduct places him squarely within the definition of a fugitive from justice," the OSG said in comments filed on Saturday and shared with media on Sunday.

Dela Rosa evaded arrest on Monday after being granted protection by the Senate, whose new president he ‌helped install by reappearing after months out of public view ​to cast a decisive vote for Alan Peter Cayetano, a ​staunch ally of the Duterte family.

The ICC ​unsealed a warrant on Monday for dela Rosa's arrest, dated November. Dela Rosa had ‌been taking refuge at the Senate but slipped ​out before dawn on ​Thursday in what his wife called an "escape". His current whereabouts are unknown.

"To once more extend exceptional privileges to a petitioner who now seeks relief while evading lawful process sends a chilling message — ​not only to the victims of ‌the drug war, but to all who look to the law for justice: that its ​protections are strongest for the powerful, and weakest for those who are now dead," the ​OSG said.

(Reporting by Karen Lema; Editing by Jamie Freed)

Read More